Wednesday 10 May 2017

Primary Research and Graphs

Primary Research 
Primary research is important as it allows you to gain many benefits such as Address Specific Research Issues, Greater Control, and Efficient Spending for Information, Proprietary Information. However, some of the disadvantages of conducting primary research include that it could be costly, it is not time efficient and the results are not always feasible. My Questionnaire was posted online on Survey Monkey, so any one with access to the internet were able to answer it. The reason to why I posted it online was that it was I knew it would be more time efficient and it would be out to a wider audience and would not cost any money. By doing this, I found a way to not have to deal with the three negatives of primary research.  Over all 20 people answered, my questionnaire the result were that young people between the ages of 14 – 25 read most magazines. These people were mostly working class and there was an even mixture of male and female. The most popular three music genres where in order Pop, Hip-hop and Rock. Through this questionnaire I have found how I can target my audience how and what I can do for it to be appealing to that audience
Graphs. 

 From this graph we can see that 50% of people who participated in the survey. Where between the ages of 17-25. While only ¼ of people where either under 16 or above the age of 25.
From the graph, I can tell that the main gender that, read musical based magazines tend to be men. With the 12 people who took the survey where men and eight where female. This means that 60% of the population who read magazines are male.


From this graph, we see that 55% of all people surveyed would read Billboard Magazine. While ¼ of people would read either Q or Keerang Magazine and only a small amount of people would read Clash. This will help me decided on what magazine I should use to influence my own production.

From this graph, I can tell that a vast majority (45%) of people would be interested in reading a pop magazine. Rock and hip-hop were tied at having 25% of people who were interested in reading a magazine based on that genre. Only one person chose Classical Music. From this survey, I can help decided what type of genre I want my magazine to focus on. 




From this graph, I can see that the majority of people who participated in the survey said they on average spend £1 - £4 when purchasing magazines. 7/20 people said they would only buy a magazine if it were under the price of £1. Only 3 people said they would buy a magazine for more than £4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment