Monday 8 May 2017

Magazine Parent Companies.

Parent Companies


Image result for Mojo magazine
Parent companies are organizations that own a variety of different publications. Some examples of parent companies include Bauer media group, IPC, Time Warner, Hearst, International Data Group, Advance. IPC is an excellent example of parent companies owning numerous different publications such as NME, Now, Nuts.


Image result for bauer media groupIf I have the choice to have my magazine published, I would choose to have it published by Bauer Media Group Company. This is because the music magazines they publish are very similar to mine. A few examples of the music magazines they publish include Keerang, Mojo and Empire.  I have chosen Bauer Media Group to publish my magazine as they have built up a very good reputation amongst the publishing and print industry, therefore my magazine will be received positively by their long-standing, established readers. In addition, I feel like Bauer Media Group would be the ideal choice for publishing my magazine as I have already established that they currently publish the successful Metal magazine Keerang, which is the sub-genre of my music magazine.  In addition, Bauer Media Group will be able to help introduce similar bands and artists that I would like to feature in my magazine. Bauer Media Group work in conjunction with many other different media platforms including television, magazine and online. This will allow my magazine to be advertised and promoted across many different platforms of media. This is positive for my magazine as it means that it will be more likely to be successful.

1 comment:

  1. This post demonstrates a proficient understanding of the purpose and advantages of parent companies and the parent company most suitable for your magazine.

    ReplyDelete