Wednesday 10 May 2017

Magazine Proposal

The title of my magazine will be ‘Fuzzion’
The genre of my music will be a mixture of Hard Rock and metal.
The target audience of my magazine will be young men and women between the ages of 16 – 30 who are working/middle class who are mostly white and live in English speaking countries. The reason to why I have chosen this group of people is that due to research I have conducted into the demographics and audience profiling I can see that this is the group of people who are more likely to listen to Hard Rock and Metal. Also as I do not have the ability to speak or write in any other language I have no choice but to target my production to english speaking countries as by doing other wise will take up time and resourses that I do not have.

The House style of my magazine will follow the same kind used by other music magazines using the rock/metal genre, for example I will use the influence of the other magazine by using large bold fonts, large images and a dark colour scheme. The page layout will be in a three column layout with a few large pictures merged within the text. The font used for my Mast Head and headings will be Road rage by Yousef Habchi this is a very conventional use of font as it demonstrates the use of the emotions anger and rage. The body text will be around the font size of 11/12 and the font its self will be ‘Bebal’ as it is not typical constricted to any genre of music is easily readable but still maintains the bold attitudes that are wanted for a rock magazine. In the bottom left corner of every page (unless covered by an image) there will be a page number. This page number will be used in order for readers to easily be able to tell what page they are on and how to find their desired page. Which can be found from the contents page. I will use the images of popular up and coming band ‘The Amazons’ in order to bring in the attention of their fans who are already fans of the Rock genre. As this band are a rock band there logo and album art work are all conventional to the rock genre. The contents of the magazine will consist of one double page main article, six smaller single page articles and 4 with numerous amount of small article. All this information and what the articles are about where be displayed on the second page as a contents page. As the magazine is aimed towards the younger range of age groups the price will be set low around the £2/£3 prince range in order for it to be more affordable for the target audience. The reason for why my price has to be set as afforadable for my audience is that as I have established the main demographic of people who tend to read Rock and Metal magazines tend to be people who are regarded as members of group C of the socio-econmonic spectrum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment