Friday 12 May 2017

Evaluation Question 7

Over the period of creating my magazine production, I have developed skills and become more proficient in different forms of applications and technology.

For starters, I have developed a deep understanding and now are able to fluently take advantage of Adobe Photoshop. Through using Photoshop, I have developed my image editing skills and can now edit images to my desire in good detail and maintain the sharpness of those images. Through Photoshop, I have also built up confidence during the overall process of creating a production.

I have also discovered how to use three different Microsoft applications more effectively and efficiently, Excel, Word and Power Point. First through Excel, I have discovered how I can use the program to use design graphs. I designed the graphs for the results of my primary research and I now feel more confident when using excel as I have learnt a new skill from using it. Word and power point were just places where I could save my work while typing it up. I had to use both of these programs.

In order for me to present some of my work in a power point format, I had to use Slide Share. At first using slide share proved to be a challenge and I was not sure on how to use it. However now I have used it multiple times I am now familiar with how to use this and I can now use this to its advantage and use it in later projects.
I used blogger as a website where I could host all of my course work. Before the begging of this course, I was unfamiliar on how and why I should use blogger. Through the duration of my production I have learnt how to operate blogger and how to layout/design a page. I can confidently say that my skills when it comes to using blogger have greatly improved.

Personal Reflection

I believe I did make a successful music magazine as I have established an obvious house style throughout my magazine, I have ensured to use conventional uses of typography, mis en scene, images and all of the other micro-elements. I have also determined my magazines success as I have made the design very appealing to audiences and ensured that it would gather attention.
Over the course of my magazine production, I most enjoyed the creation of the Cover Page. As this was the first chance for me to express my creativity and create, something in which I felt like represented myself and the musical genre I had chosen to work within.
However, I felt like I could of further developed, my skills with Microsoft Excel as I feel like I had only scratched the service on what I can do in order to use Microsoft excel effectively. I also feel like I could improve the blank space at the bottom of the double page by filling up with either a sub-image or more article.

Over the whole process, I have learnt the values of creating a production individually by developing my own ideas and channeling my own creativity and emotions into the production. 

No comments:

Post a Comment